Sunday, September 11, 2011

2008 Jacobs Creek Reserve Adelaide Hils Chardonnay


I have been reading all the hype over this wine, so I had to see for myself. I felt like wearing a disguise to buy this wine but opted not to, I can wear the snickers by the 18 year old checkout clerk, what would she know anyway :) So I ponied up the 11 bucks at Firstchoice, Maroochydore and ran. Well, here goes. Great nose, obvious toasty oak and peach, good start. First taste is surprising, beautiful restrained oak and buttery characteristics, rich fruit and so well balanced, this is really elegant, and has a finish that lasts forever! The bogan is not going to let me forget this, but I don't care, this is seriously good. I give this 89/100 and will bye bucket loads of this coming into summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment